Dartington C of E Primary and Nursery School is committed to providing a full and efficient educational experience to all pupils. Children attending every day, and on time is key to steady pupil progress and enjoyment of learning, and for this reason the school is dedicated to ensuring maximum attendance for all pupils.
We encourage all pupils to work towards 100% attendance and set a minimum attendance target of 98% per year.
We encourage regular attendance by:
- providing a caring and welcoming learning environment and learning that is such fun that children will not want to miss it
- responding promptly to a child’s or parent’s concerns about the school or other pupils
- marking registers accurately and punctually during morning and afternoon registration
- publishing and displaying attendance statistics
- celebrating good and improved attendance
- monitoring pupils, informing parents/carers in writing of irregular attendance, arranging meetings with them if necessary
Start of the Day
- Key Stage 1 and 2 (Years 1 to 6): 8:50 am
- F2 (Reception): 8:45 am
- F1 (Nursery): 9:00 am