In the event of a lockdown or isolation, we will provide your child with a remote learning package so that their education is not disrupted. Unlike the previous lockdown, the government expects learning to continue through any periods of isolation or lockdown.
Working in partnership with the Learning Academy Partnership as part of a family of schools (The Trust) we want to ensure that all of our pupils continue to receive a great education and this plan outlines the offer for every single child.
In the event of a school closure, we will be using Google Classroom as a platform to set home learning daily for children in Year’s 1 to 6. For children in Nursery and EYFS communication between teacher and home will take place through Tapestry. These platforms will deliver daily work from across the curriculum to support you in delivering a broad and balanced home education to your children.
Our remote plan is in place ready incase of a national lockdown, a local lockdown, a bubble closure or for a child who is off school self isolating or awaiting test results. Please see our Remote Learning Parent Fact Sheet for more information below :-
- Oxford Owl: create a free log in to access reading books and activities.
- BBC Bitesize: links to learning in all areas of the curriculum.
- Pobble: Pobble has some suggested, non-screen activities.
- RWInc Phonics: this is a link to how to say the sounds to support any phonics activities. If you child is in Y1 or Reception some regular practice throughout the day will help them learn the sounds.
Story Shed: full of storytelling podcasts.
Hello, Wonderful: great ideas for non-web based activities.
The Children’s University of Manchester: links to great resources and activities.
GrowEatGift – Science: fun science activities you can do in the house or the garden.
Go Noodle: full of activities to get children active.
GrowEatGift – Creative: activities using your house and garden to get creative.
- Reading at home: Ilsham English Hub video showing how to read at home with your child.
- SpeechLink Parent Portal: free speech and language advice, resources and activities.
- Hamilton – Y1 – Y6 home learning packs for Maths and English
- Oxford Owl RWInc Guide: lots of free Read Write Inc. Phonics resources to help your child continue learning
We will continue to update this page with links so please keep checking.
Information for Children
- Asert: Coronavirus Social Story: a visual guide for children with autism about the coronavirus and how to stay healthy.
- Child Mind Institute: treating sensory processing issues
- Emerging Minds: supporting children and young people with worries about COVID-19
- Explaining social distancing: a video that reminds us how we can all help to stop the spread by keeping our distance.
- How to wash your hands: a video showing us how to wash our hands to prevent the spread of germs and disease.
- Safe greetings: poster showing how to greet another person whilst avoiding physical contact
- Top tips for positive wellbeing
- Top tips for dealing with anxiety
- Very Well Health: how to calm a child with autism
- Wikilawn: how to create a safe, sensory-friendly backyard landscape for your child with Special Needs
- Young Minds: a guide to talking to your child about coronavirus