Learning at Home
In the event of a school closure we will provide information and activities for parents to carry out with their children. However, we recognise that some families are currently self-isolating and have asked for support with home learning . We will be adding links to websites which parents can access in order to support any home learning that they wish to undertake.
We would also urge to spend time reading or sharing books, putting aside some time each day to engage in reading, discussing meanings of words and enjoying a story is a powerful learning opportunity.
- Oxford Owl: create a free log in to access reading books and activities.
- BBC Bitesize: links to learning in all areas of the curriculum.
- Pobble: Pobble has some suggested, non-screen activities.
- RWInc Phonics: this is a link to how to say the sounds to support any phonics activities. If you child is in Y1 or Reception some regular practice throughout the day will help them learn the sounds.
Story Shed: full of storytelling podcasts.
Hello, Wonderful: great ideas for non-web based activities.
The Children’s University of Manchester: links to great resources and activities.
GrowEatGift – Science: fun science activities you can do in the house or the garden.
Go Noodle: full of activities to get children active.
GrowEatGift – Creative: activities using your house and garden to get creative.
- Reading at home: Ilsham English Hub video showing how to read at home with your child.
- SpeechLink Parent Portal: free speech and language advice, resources and activities.
- Hamilton – Y1 – Y6 home learning packs for Maths and English
- Oxford Owl RWInc Guide: lots of free Read Write Inc. Phonics resources to help your child continue learning
We will continue to update this page with links so please keep checking.
Information for Children
- Asert: Coronavirus Social Story: a visual guide for children with autism about the coronavirus and how to stay healthy.
- Child Mind Institute: treating sensory processing issues
- Emerging Minds: supporting children and young people with worries about COVID-19
- Explaining social distancing: a video that reminds us how we can all help to stop the spread by keeping our distance.
- How to wash your hands: a video showing us how to wash our hands to prevent the spread of germs and disease.
- Safe greetings: poster showing how to greet another person whilst avoiding physical contact
- Top tips for positive wellbeing
- Top tips for dealing with anxiety
- Very Well Health: how to calm a child with autism
- Wikilawn: how to create a safe, sensory-friendly backyard landscape for your child with Special Needs
- Young Minds: a guide to talking to your child about coronavirus